Tuesday, August 23, 2005

another cool Google map gadget

In my search for motivation to exercise (I pretty much broke my habit when I started writing my thesis a year ago), I came across WalkJogRun.net. It's a pedometer/route planner that uses Google maps.

Go go Google gadgets!

Another interesting discovery - I checked to see if Google satellite maps show topography and I found out that you can't zoom all the way in on Scranton, PA. Hmmm...

(Disclaimer: I own a little over 5 shares of Google. Not much, but I earned enough off of it to give me spending money for Christmas.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scranton blacked out?!! Sort of like Area 51?!! Or maybe Scranton is actually made of cheese.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I own 16 shares of said stock. Just enough to worry/thrill me when the roller coaster ride kicks and bucks.

Speechless said...

When you zoom all the way in on the Scranton, PA satellite map, it shows tiled messages of:

"We're sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.

Try zooming out for a broader look."

It would be funny if they showed a picture of scrapple instead of cheese. Although I don't know if that's a Scranton thing or not.

Anonymous said...

I think scrapple is more of a Lancaster county thing, although I've seen it all over Pennsylvania (pretty much wherever you find Amish and Mennonites....)