Friday, August 11, 2006

Christmas in August

Yesterday, I ordered a white MacBook with 1 GHz RAM and an 80 GB hard drive. I can't wait for it to arrive - I feel like an eight-year old waiting for Christmas!
 
My six-year old Compaq PC is showing its age. I plan on reformatting the hard drive (again!) and installing more memory (if the thing isn't too old for that). I'm only going to use it for personal business- and work business-related functions; I'll use the MacBook for the fun stuff like ripping and burning, man! Maybe I'll buy a video camera somewhere down the line and make video films, Bren Bren! Yeah!
 
(That reference to video films and Bren Bren is from Brendon Small's cancelled cartoon, Home Movies. The character who said "video film" and called Brendon "Bren Bren" is Fenton, voiced by Sam Seder, currently of Air America's Majority Report. Every now and then you can hear Fenton's voice slip out when Seder gets agitated.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Apple!

Speechless said...

Well, I do still have my PowerBook 160 with the black-and-white monitor and 4MB of RAM that I bought back in 1993 or 1994, but I haven't been able to boot it in at least 5 years because I think the system battery is dead.

But it has been quite a while since I've owned a Mac, so I need to at least be re-introduced, so thank you!

Anonymous said...

I think you'll find that the Mac OS eXperience has changed a bit since your PowerBook 160 days. :-)